Incoming Exchange Students
After receiving acceptance letter, you are required to apply for a Non-Immigrant ED type of visa in order to enter into Thailand at the Royal Thai Embassy and Consulates in your country. The information for applying the visa of the Royal Thai Embassy in each country is available at http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/
- Single entry : US$ 80 or 60 EURO
- Multiple entries : US$ 200 or 140 EURO
Validity of a Visa
- Single entry : 3 months or 90 days
- Multiple entries : one year
Period of Stay
- All incoming exchange students receiving the Non-Immigrant Visa “ED” can stay in the Kingdom of Thailand not exceeding 90 days from the date of the first entry.
- During the 90 days period, if students wish to leave and re-enter the Kingdom of Thailand but have only a single entry visa, the students must apply for a re-entry permit (single or multiple) at the Immigration Bureau before their departure. If students leave the country without applying a re-entry permit, the permit of stay for 90 days will be expired immediately.
Re-entry Permit Fee
- Single re-entry permit : 1,000 Baht fee
- Multiple re-entry permit : 3,800 Baht fee
Extension of Stay
When the incoming exchange students’ visa is nearly expired (around 3-4 weeks), it needs to be extended. The International Affairs Coordinator of host university will help facilitate the entire process at the Immigration Bureau.
After your arrival in Bangkok, please bring your passport to the International Affairs Coordinator of host university. The coordinator will make a copy of your passport & visa to remind you about your expired visa and visa renewal before the end of the 90 days.